The bridge, known as De Bosset, was designed and built by Charles Philip De Bosset in 1812. After the 1953 earthquake, the bridge has been restored and is now a great place for public events during the summer. < p> More The De Bosset Bridge is the largest stone bridge in seawater and has existed since 1813, when the Swiss engineer Charles Philippe De Bosset worked for the British Army Thanks to his contribution to the design and construction of the bridge, Monsieur de Bossett was appointed governor of Cephalonia from 1810-1814 by the British who ruled the Ionian Islands from 1809-1864. The city of Argostoli, with the narrow Fanari Peninsula protruding from Argostoli, was the central center for all commercial and commercial activities for the inhabitants of the island. However, the entrance was separated from Argostoli by mainland Cephalonia, making the route around the 5km perimeter mandatory. part of it, building a wooden bridge on the south side of the port of Argostoli in Drapano, a small village 950 meters above the water. The transportation problems of the villagers who had been resolved, reduced their fears for possible intrusions and the De-Bosset bridge was completed in two weeks. The small strength of the bridge required its remodeling in 1842. Baron Everton gave the bridge a new look and was rebuilt with stone using materials from Metela Hill. As you cross the bridge upon arrival in its capital of the island, a four-sided symmetrical obelisk consisting of carved rocks rises from the sea. This monument, called the “Column”, which has existed since 1813, was the symbol of gratitude of the Parliament of Cephalonia in Great Britain. The catastrophic earthquake of 1953 injured one third of the bridge on the Argostoli side. The bridge and the obelisk survived the quake, but like the rest of the city, it needed major repairs using modern concrete methods. Several arches were added to the side of the Argostoli bridge to add extra strength to the bridge. Today the De Bosset Bridge was gradually repaired to become the center of Argostoli’s cultural events in the future.