At a crossroads after the village of Havriata, on a country road that looks very much like a tundra without trees, only stones, bushes and a steady wind, one can find a historic, well-designed lighthouse of international value. It is located near Cape Gerogompos. It was built in 1907 by British engineers and played an important role especially during the Second World War. It was destroyed by German troops as they left the island and was rebuilt in 1947. The tower is 13 meters high and has a light radius of 58 meters. It belonged to the Greek Navy and access to its facilities was denied, but today it works automatically.