The Korgialenios Library is located in the center of Argostoli and was founded by the legacy of Kefalonian Marinos Korgialenios in 1924. The current building has the same shape as the pre-earthquake.
The library has about 60,000 volumes and is one of its largest libraries Greece. About half of the books, in Greek and in foreign languages, are from the 19th century. or earlier. The oldest publication is the Souda dictionary, a 1499 edition.
A significant number of manuscripts include manuscripts of Byzantine music and archives of the Kefalonian writers Babi Anninou and Mikeli Avlichou. The oldest manuscript is a headless quatrain of the 12th century.
The library also has a special section with Ionian bibliography and a collection of Ionian, mainly Kefalonian newspapers and magazines. The general collection of the library has books of all categories that can be borrowed.
The main room of the library, where the books are kept, functions as a reading room and is equipped with computers. Lectures and book presentations take place here.
The Korgialenio Historical and Folklore Museum is housed on the ground floor of the building.